Monday, November 3, 2008

You are invited to a Mattson family laundry party!

Saturday is the day when I do most of the laundry. You may have noticed that the last couple Saturdays we've been busy with other things. So, when I finally decided to tackle the mountain of stinking, filthy clothes that was taking over our bathroom - this is what I found. It's times like these when I call in the troops and invite them for a laundry party. Party hats are optional (Clarissa is wearing a fabulous purple laundry hat), but everyone is required to help sort clothes by color. Now, when I say color, I don't just mean lights and darks and in-betweens. We have a red pile, pink pile, orange pile, yellow pile...you get it. Before we sort, we always make a guess about which pile will win (have the most clothes). You'll be shocked and amazed I'm sure to know that it is always the pink pile that wins.:) Not only do I have a whole load of just pinks, this week there were actually two whole loads of pink clothes!


This last picture shows what my bed looked like towards the end of the day. Unfortunately, the clothes don't usually make it all the way to the dressers, but I do have nice neat piles of folded clothes all over my bedroom. At least until Amber decides to start knocking the piles over. Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy this stage of life that it will soon be over. So, when life gives you laundry - have a laundry party!


4 comments:

Jo said...

That bed of folded laundry is quite impressive. Nathan excitedly said "Pile!" when he saw the first photo.

Heather said...

come on over and lets P A R T Y

Holly said...

Cute! We'll be remodeling our laundry room over Christmas, so now I'm scared to see a pile of laundry this big in my basement!

Sarah said...

You guys always know how to have fun! That's why we love the "Matts!"