Thursday, December 31, 2009

For Unto us a Child is Born

One of our Christmas traditions is to act out the Nativity Story on Christmas Eve. While planning the Christmas menu, I got stuck as to what to cook for Christmas Eve and since we have friends who do the Bethlehem dinner thing, I thought we'd give it a try this year and see how we liked it. This is our dinner array. Grapes, fish, shrimp, hummus, olives, pita bread, and fig newtons. I'm not sure how authentic it is, but we enjoyed putting on costumes, trying new foods and eating with our hands.
Here are the kids all dressed up for the Nativity Story.

The family in Bethlem gear. I think this will be more fun and meaningful as the kids get a little older and we don't have to deal with tired little girls who although we finally got them to smile for the picture, were having a hard time.
P.S. - These pictures were taken with my new camera that I got for my birthday, a Canon Rebel XSi. I love the difference in color!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Congratulations on the camera! I'll expect more pictures ;)

Nicki said...

Love it! Happy New Year to the Mattson clan.