Saturday, January 2, 2010

Phun with Photos

As previously mentioned, I got a new camera for my birthday. These are some shots from playing around. I went out one day when the sun was making the snow sparkle and tried out the Circular Polarizer filter. I didn't have much luck with the snow, but got this shot of the sun that I love. Only I can't remember if this is with the filter or without. It will be hard to try to get this shot again as the sun rarely shines so brightly in Virginia.
An attempt to get a plate of the cookies that we delivered to friends and neighbors this year. No flash, good light from the window, but the shadows were causing problems.

Mother nature must have known that I got a new camera because we rarely see sunsets like this.

Chris took this one of Amber in the portrait mode which blurs the background.

No flash, low aperature. I've discovered the lighting in our living room is difficult to shoot in.

I don't like the way the flash washes out the colors, but without the flash the images are blurred or have deep shadows. I took this one with the flash, but used a 812 warming filter to warm up the colors. I like this combo the best so far for indoor pictures, but it still leaves the image without any depth.

Outdoor lighting is so much easier to work with. This is using the macro mode which also blurs the background.

This was actually the fourth picture I took with the camera, it was in full auto mode, but I love the colors and clarity. This was sticky rolls that a friend made for a breakfast we had with our Young Women.
So much fun!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Very nice! I know what you mean about the flash, I hate it. But when you're inside and trying to get the kids it's a must.

Anonymous said...

Good job! I hate using our flash too and always end up with blurry photos because I tried to avoid using it by lowering the ISO. I once made our own photo studio lighting with cardboard boxes and white sheer material placed over a bright lightbulb. It was a huge contraption, but it worked really great for inside lighting.