Sunday, July 12, 2009

Some things that make me smile

Small horses (Big ones scare me): One Sunday after church, the kids and I went to Shadow Ranch to see their foals. This one is named Rain because she was born in a thunderstorm and she was only 2 weeks old in this picture.
A snake on the front steps. One day I walked out to the car to grab something and when I turned around to go back I saw this snake just hanging out.

Amber's silly faces. She has many, this is just one of them.

Playing in the creek with the kids. July 3rd, my friend and I took our kids to the creek, we had tons of fun.
A dysfunctional family of carrots. Meet Jellyfish, Ned Scarecrow Pants, Bedhead, and the twins Billy and Bob (the kids named them). Thank goodness not all of our carrots looked like these ones.
A new porch light. A new stormdoor. A new welcome mat. New pots for my blueberry bushes. And our patio set all set up for 4th of July guests.

And my Young Women. Maria is all comfyized in the back of the Suburban on our drive back from Washington D.C. for the temple trip on July 10th.

3 comments:

Jo said...

Your back porch looks so inviting. Thanks for sharing your happy moments, they made us smile too ;) (Nathan said go back up, when I scrolled past the carrots)

Anonymous said...

I had to show the whole family your carrots. The names are priceless!

The G-Funk! said...

I love your genetically mutated carrots, and especially the names for them.