Monday, February 14, 2011

Why I love my family

Happy Valentine's Day!! Amber, I love you because when you decided to stop sucking your thumb, all it took was the simple childlike faith in Jesus to help you and the promise of a pillow pet for you to stop. So now, after 2 years of sucking, you are thumb free and have a new friend to keep you company at nights. Oh, and I love you because you randomly wear stickers on your forehead.
Krystal, I love you because of your new found sense of style. You are growing up and trying to be independent and part of that independence is picking out your own outfits. I love what you chose to wear to the Valentine's party (and yes, that is a slip with pretty lace at the bottom).
Although it's not pictured, Clarissa, I love that you helped Dad make breakfast for me on Valentine's morning complete with flowers and a card and then made breakfast for your sisters; eggs and toast with fairy sugar sprinkles.
Jared, I love that while we were all making Valentine's cards you turned on the Primary songs and sang along with them. I really appreciate your sensitive and loving personality and hearing your beautiful voice. And then to top it off, you graciously helped your sisters to finish their cards. They are so lucky to have you as a big brother.
Chris, I love that after all these years, you still love to get out and boogie with me on the dance floor. I love that you came up with the idea to be the only couple dressed up like the 70s at the stake Valentine's dance and that we could have so much fun together just being crazy. I truly am blessed with a wonderful family!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Thanks for sharing. There are some people who hate Valentine's day for some reason, if they could read your post they would change their minds, and see how many wonderful things can be done. We always have a good time :)