Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pregnant and Freezer Crazy

I am 28 weeks along in the pregnancy now and feeling pretty good.  I have had some rough days of pain and low iron where I've had to lie down in between getting things done, but I've still been able to stay very busy, which is a good thing.  The last two weeks that Chris was in China I found myself going crazy missing him and decided to pass the time by baking and cooking and then freezing the proceeds.  I made 6 freezer meals, 4 loaves of bread, 2 loaves of carrot bread, 2 double batches of baked oatmeal, a double batch of pancakes, 24 orange-berry muffins...

and then cooked up 6 quarts of chopped chicken, 8 lbs. of ground beef with veggies and 5 containers of chicken broth for the freezer.  I could do more, but our freezer is getting full.
 It might have something to do with the head in the freezer and the fact that I need to defrost it, and have needed to for a looong time.

Another crazy pregnancy habit that I have picked up is eating things I don't normally eat; mainly, Bavarian/Boston cream doughnuts, Girl Scouts cookies, and any sugary candy like lollipops, Swedish Fish and especially Hot Tamales.  I normally don't care for candy unless it's chocolate, but with this pregnancy, I just can't seem to get enough.

1 comment:

Jo said...

You look great! And wow with the freezer food. I did a little of it with N, and I was SO glad I did. I wonder if this baby will have a sweet tooth ;)