Thursday, May 3, 2012

I Feel Like...a Small Planet

So, the other day as I was trying to roll off the couch, I said, "I feel..." and Jared finished my sentence by saying, "...a blimp, a small planet, an overstuffed sofa."  I could have taken offense, but I just laughed because he was so right, that's exactly how I feel.  At 36 weeks, I am definitely getting into the uncomfortable stage of pregnancy: pelvic pain, rib pain, heartburn, lack of sleep and just an overall feeling of being too big and too stretched.  However, as I consider the pain and discomfort compared with the opportunity to create a life, I am happy and know that it is so worth it.  I think I have also started nesting.  Last weekend, I helped the girls to rearrange and clean up their bedroom.  This weekend I reorganized and cleaned up the schoolroom, thanks to a new shelving unit built by my talented hubby.  We also finally bought some diapers, some onsies, some receiving blankets, and some pacifiers; all we need to have a baby until we find out whether it's a boy or girl.  We are starting to get really excited to meet this new member of our family. 

2 comments:

Jo said...

I think you look beautiful! Can't wait!

Amy C. said...

Aw, I wish I could be there to meet the little baby when it comes out!