Sunday, May 13, 2012

We Love Food

 I really like food.  I like to buy it, cook it, smell it, eat it, and even take pictures of it.  Thank goodness, my family shares that love and we have many great family meals together laughing and talking and enjoying each others company.  One of our favorite meals of the year is on Cinco de Mayo.  This year I made chicken enchiladas, black bean and corn dip, and some yummy guacamole.

 We also love to have Chinese for dinner.  Okay, that's a bad joke.  We do enjoy eating Chinese food, but we also enjoy having people over for dinner and recently we've had the opportunity to invite some of Chris' colleagues from China.  This time there were 6 of them and we had to get really creative to fit 12 people in our small dining room, but we did it!  They wanted traditional American food so I made meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, rolls, jello with fruit cocktail and marshmallows in it, green beans with bacon and peach cobbler for dessert.

 I'm not the only one in the family that likes to cook and for Mother's Day morning I woke up to this yummy breakfast of heart-shaped, pink pancakes with sausage and eggs made by Jared.  The kids also decided that since we had spent all day on Saturday working in the garden that they would give me a garden of sweets for Mother's Day.
 For my Mother's Day dinner, I wanted to cook it, but Clarissa helped.  We made Tilapia, rice, artichokes, stuffed mushrooms (a little bit of heaven) and a salad with lettuce and spinach from the garden.  Everyone kept joking that this was definitely a Mom's meal, but everyone ate at least part of it.  I got to eat most of the artichokes and stuffed mushrooms myself which I sure didn't mind.  Now I'm wondering what the next excuse for a feast will be.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I think, once you're little one is born, just being able to eat as much food--what ever it may be--will be a feast. No more heartburn, or micro small meals!!

Jo said...

I don't know if you can wait 11 weeks to have another feast, but I'd say we're a good excuse. And we'd love it! ;) (yes, I just counted the weeks)