Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Bae-toe-ven?

So, while I was at a meeting last night Chris introduced the kids to yet another "They Might be Giants" song. The one that says "Old New York was once New Amsterdam" because we've been studying America's colonization and specifically New Amsterdam. Anyway, this morning Jared was singing it and Clarissa says, "That's the best song ever!" And Jared replies, "There are other good songs Clarissa, like Jazz, Rock n'Roll, Elvis, and Beethoven." (Yeah, I know, none of those are songs but genres and artists, that partly what makes it so funny.) Clarissa responds, "What's Bae-TOE-Ven, is that about a big toe or something?" (Pause for chuckle) He then proceeds to tell her the whole story of Beethoven including clapping his hands so that she can feel the vibrations. And I say to myself, "Where did he learn about Beethoven, I haven't taught him?" When I ask him he answers, "My piano teacher." Wow! He's learning Piano and Music history, I didn't know that. Good Job Melinda, you're the best!

3 comments:

Christi said...

Okay, so I know the song per se was not the point of the post but I LOVE that song. TMBG are awesome. I think I'm going to be singing Istanbul all day.

ps Random, but did you know Shelly and Rob got married? She's about to have baby #1 if she hasn't already. I follow Stacy's blog... I haven't talked to Shelly in 10 years.

Jo said...

That's a good one, I love it!

Sarah said...

That is HILARIOUS! Oh, and what were you doing posting at 5:01 am?? Can't sleep either huh?