Monday, January 12, 2009

Sounds weird, tastes great!

Burritos was on the menu tonight, but after cooking up a pound of ground beef, I realized that these burritos weren't going to 'beefy' enough. My choices were, thaw another pound of ground beef or look for leftovers in the fridge that I could add to the ground beef. Most people know that I love making "creations" for dinner so I went with choice #2. I found about 4-5 slices of bacon (which I cut into bite size pieces), some leftover veggies (green beans, carrots, and yellow squash), and a jar of canned salsa. I only had 1/2 a package of taco seasoning, but with the bacon to add flavor, it was plenty. Cooked it all up together (not the whole jar of salsa, just about 1/2 cup), added some shredded cheese and sour cream to the mix and it made some very tasty burritos. And the best part - Amber ate the veggies without giving them a second thought.

4 comments:

Scott and Stacy said...

He he, I don't know how much they were selling their stuff for. They could sell it all for a penny and make $50 with all the stuff they've 'collected' over the years. I didn't stick around cause I wasn't feeling all that great. I knew they were quiet, too quiet and I had to go check on them. They were in there for hours. When it was getting time for bed I had them put it all back to normal.

Nicki said...

Sounds divine... almost as good as macaroni and cheese and hot dogs. I may have to try your new creation.

Jo said...

That does sound yummy. We love burritos, I think I could probably serve them a few times a week and no one would complain. But we are not creative with them. You're always good at sneaking the veggies in ;)

Jo said...

In response to your questions on my blog:
It's actually 4 layers, I cut the two layers in half. As far as even nuts, it wasn't very even, and I made a huge mess. I just used my hands, and cleaned it up with a wet paper towel :)

I posted it there too, but I didn't think you'd see it.