Saturday, January 10, 2009

A week in the life of The Mattson Family

Because nothing special happened this week and because I use this blog to record our family history and because I don't want our lives to become a blur of laundry, math worksheets, and putting pigtails in hair:
Sunday - we went to church, the kids started new classes for the new year, and I bore my testimony. Later Chris left for Illinois, I cleaned the kitchen and had a YW Presidency meeting at my house.
Monday - I exercized and cleaned the school room. The Hales came over for preschool (for Delaney and Krystal, but the others like to join in on some of the fun - like making silly faces on toast). I had my first accupuncture appt. Spent the rest of the afternoon making new alphabet sound flash cards. We had Chili for dinner. We watched The Secret of Nimh. I slept for 6 hours without waking up once! then went back to sleep for the rest of the night.
Tuesday - I exercized, Jared and Clarissa had piano lessons, I took Krystal and Amber to the library for storytime. We did school. I did several loads of laundry and made cookies. The Buchinskys came over for dinner, we had dirty rice. I started reading 1776 by David McCullough.
Wednesday - I exercized, we did school, made walrus puppets, Jared wrote a report about walruses. We had peanut butter noodles for dinner. I had Young Women's and Jared had Cub Scouts.
Thursday - It snowed! I slept in. The Coiners and the Hales came over to go sledding. I went to another chiropractor/accupuncture appt. We did history with the Hales. We had dinner over at the Buchinsky's.
Friday - I walked 2 miles in the AM. I went visiting teaching at 11am. We did school, we finished reading "Ben and Me" and put Benjamin Franklin on the timeline. I took a 20 min. nap. We went bike riding in Pulaski with the Hales. I pushed the girls in the double stroller and walked 3 more miles. I made Pizza for dinner, then we watched a movie about Mary Ingles Draper.
Saturday - I planned my lesson for church. We went to the store for a few things. I wrapped gifts and prepared food for a reception. Clarissa went to a birthday party, the rest of us went to the wedding reception. We took some pictures afterwards because Amber was wearing the new outfit she got for Christmas. We're having chicken strips and veggies for dinner.


Of course I can't begin to include the many books we've read, all the times we talked to Chris on the phone, how many times I've wiped off the kitchen table, broken up fights or changed Amber's diapers. I can say that I have managed to keep the kitchen, living room and school room clean the whole week and make my bed every day (a huge accomplishment for me).


It's been a good first week of the year. I hope that we can keep it up, but...if not, we'll just do our best.
Now...time to go plan next week!




2 comments:

Amy said...

I enjoyed your week in the life post. How's the acupuncture going? I'm curious.

Jo said...

That's amazing! I am impressed, as usual, I don't know how you do it.